London Fashion Week


Nothing can describe how bad I wish I was in London right now.
We're just three days into Fashion Week and the awe I am feeling right now towards so many SS15 collections is incredible. I may not be there to witness the shows first hand, or see all the street style wear the lucky ones attending the shows are wearing but I'm contempt with watching the shows online and seeing all the Instagram posts. I'm not but I'll be there next year, hopefully.


Images: Vogue
I love my monochrome. My college outfits usually consist of my black Topshop Joni jeans, black boots and maybe a white tee, something along those lines anyway. So to see the monochrome plaids and prints trending is music to my ears.

From left to right we have Whistles, Temperley London and Lucas Nascimento. As you can probably tell from the three looks in the middle, Alice Temperley's designs and her SS15 collection is an absolute favourite of mine. I would more than happily wear all three outfits any day which is not something you can say easily. 
The wearability of these designs rules in comparison to the fabulous but not so street ready Dora Abodi.

Images: Vogue

Speaking of Dora Abodi,  she's absolutely incredible. Her designs over the past few seasons have been ones I credit highly. From a futuristic robotic themed collection for AW14 to what I'd call a dark, romantic yet devilish number of designs for her SS15 collection. If there was one show I wish I'd been attending, it would have been this one.

You may have noticed the stunning little Marchesa number I've thrown in to this small ensemble of looks alongside Dora Abodi. It's simply because it matched the colour theme, but I'm also featuring it because well, it's gorgeous. The dress it beautiful from its silhouette to the intricate floral designs it features. But this isn't the only Marchesa piece I've fallen for..

Images: Vogue


ORANGE IS BACK.
Orange is my favourite colour of the season so this I am extremely excited about. 

We have here (from left to right) Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, Lucas Nascimento and Sibling. All featuring three different shades of orange, but all fabulous shades at that.

If this doesn't show the versatility of probably, after black of course, my favourite colour then I believe a trip to Specsavers is long overdue. This colour is daring, happiness and elegance  and I love it.



Image: @AMvogue



Possibly the most anticipated collection of LFW and a brand extremely familiar with the red carpet walked the runway earlier today. Marchesa did not fail to take our breath away with the beauty of its whole collection. Bohemian style skirts and dresses took to the catwalk with layers of floral embroidery echoing Romance. Although I would love to share the whole collection with you, it's this dress that I've fallen head over heels for.

It reminds me of A Midsummer Night's Dream, it's almost fairy like, echoing fantasy with such elegance and subtlety.



So from me, this is your London Fashion Week fix so far.

2 comments:

  1. Great review. You hit the highlights. I really love the orange appeal of the Preen collection also. It was just magnificent to see. I did not really like the Marchesa collection, as a whole, but there were a couple of looks that were lovely. I was not at all acquainted with Dora Abodi, so I welcomed your review of the collection and the images featured here. The designs are certainly intriguing. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the collection. It was a pleasure to read this post.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it honestly means a lot!

      Rhiannon
      xx

      Delete